04 June 2013

Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box - May 2013

I know I'm a bit late posting swatches of the polishes that I received in my Glitter Guilty Pleasures May box considering it is now June. I kind of forgot that I took these photos... I'm such a bad blogger! :(

If you don't know what Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box is, it is a monthly indie polish subscription box made by a gorgeous lady called Jessica. It includes a full-size "monthly me" polish, made specifically for your profile, which you create when you subscribe stating what you love or hate in a polish. It also includes a monthly mini polish, which every subscriber receives, as well as an edible treat. It costs USD$15.99 a month (including shipping for US & Canadian addresses) and if you live outside the US & Canada, it costs an extra USD$9 for shipping. For more information and to subscribe, click here. I would also greatly appreciate if you could let Jessica know that I (Abigail) referred you.

Getting on with the program, this is what I received last month...

I received "For The Love" for my monthly me polish, and "Party Hearty" for my monthly mini polish. As for the edible treat, I received a potato chip chocopod, which was... interesting. It tasted like crunchy milk chocolate with a bit of a salty kick at the end.

Now for the swatches...
For The Love without flash


First up is For the Love, which is a milky pink polish with teal love-heart and circle glitter, and hot pink square glitters of different sizes.

For The Love with flash
I found the best way to apply this polish is to apply the first coat without any love-hearts, and then dab the love-hearts and glitters for the second coat. By doing it this way, you won't get any milky pink base coat over the top of the love-hearts, which I think makes it look a bit too... messy, but that's just me.

Now for the monthly-mini...
Party Hearty without flash
Party Heart is a clear base with lime green, blue, yellow, purple, hot pink hex squares with micro glitter goodness. 

Party Hearty with flash
I used China Glaze Go Go Pink as a base, and then applied a coat of Party Hearty on my index finger, and two coats on the rest of my fingers. I love the neon glitters in this polish. I find it so much wearable then neon clothes... I'm definitely not a fashionista.

So if you do decide to subscribe to the Glitter Guilty Pleasures Box, click here and remember to say that I (Abigail) referred you!

12 comments:

  1. Your nail shape is very pretty Abi, and that is a very girly shade xx

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing, I love Party Hearty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I wish the exchange rate wasn't so crap though. I really want another box!

      Delete
  3. ooohhh chocolate potato chips?? :O
    And the polishes look lovely.

    I'm not sure but I think the font of your blog changed? It's showing up a bit strange on mine and it's a bit hard to read but maybe that's just my screen! Just thought I'd let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm... strange. It's readable on both firefox and chrome, but I've changed the font to Times New Roman so hopefully it's all fixed up now.

      Delete
  4. WOW! This is probably the coolest type of box I've seen!
    So unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For The Love looks so cute! Those heart shaped glitters just makes feel like I'm a 10 year old again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I LOVE heart shaped glitters :)

      Delete
  6. ^^ Sheri ^^ I agree, your font is a little hard to read at the moment..

    Anyways, love that we can get these types of things from the US! Not sure it's really my thing though as glitter polises are not on the top of my list... I think I like the monthly mini better out of the two :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, the font is all fixed up now. Thanks for letting me know :)

      You can actually specify that you do not like glitters in your polishes, and she'll send you one according to your preferences.

      Delete